.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, April 09, 2007

 

Are you grateful?

“I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor.” - Henry David Thoreau


I often wonder when I hear the moaning and groaning of some people. Unless you give the conversation another direction it seems all they want to do is complain what is going wrong in their life, always putting the blame on others.

Sometimes we have to let issues that are eating us up out but it cannot be the main objective of a meeting with a friend and even less the objective of a coaching session. That is why I want to talk about gratitude because every one of us has so much to be grateful for.

For example:

- You have at least a decent education; otherwise you would not be able to use a computer to find this blog.
- You have a computer or the money to go to an Internet Cafe.
- Unless of course you read this at work or in school which means you can be grateful to have a job and/or to get an education.
- You are most likely to have a roof over your head and some food to put into your tummy.
- You probably have friends who love and respect you for what and who you are.
... the list can go on.

I have a very long list of things I am grateful for and whenever my life doesn't seem to play the way I want it to or if I feel a little down, I go through my list and my mood changes instantly.

At night before I go to sleep I say thanks for all the good things that happened on that day.

This morning I woke up to the most glorious sunrise. Can you imagine that I am grateful for that? You bet I am. It was a lovely gift at the beginning of the day.

There are so many, small and big, things we take for granted until we don't have them anymore. Just think of the way we treat our health most of the time - junk food, sodas, excessive sugar and so on.

Take a short time out and look at the people and things you can be grateful for in your life. Write your personal list and have it with you or close by. It will motivate and inspire you whenever you need some uplift.

Have a happy Day,
Barbara Hofmeister
http://www.trainingvisions.com

Sign in for my FREE Insight - short practical Tips for a great(er) YOU

© Copyright 2007, TrainingVisions. All rights reserved.

PS. You may share this article with your friends and associates as long as you keep it exactly as it is with the signature intact.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?